Accountant - Ibadan Job
at ARFH Nigeria in Oyo State | Posted under Accounting & Auditing Jobs
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Employer: Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
The Accountant will report to the Vice President/Executive Director, Ibadan as well as the Director of Finance and Administration, Abuja and has responsibility for the following duties:
• Manage fund disbursements (payment vouchers, cheques, and other banking transactions).
• Prepare and track budget, liability, and capital accounts and monitor financial status
• Ensure compliance with internal control and adherence to donors’ financial policies and procedures.
• Prepare accurate and timely reconciliation of bank reconciliation statements, accounts payable, and account receivables, balance sheet and other reports for submission to donors, management and, internal and external auditors.
• Efficiently manage payroll and monthly local statutory returns such as PAYE/taxes, Pensions, etc.
• Coordinate activities of accounting staff and provide necessary mentoring to subordinates.
• Work closely with program team and support other staff for effective operation of ARFH and project activities.
• Ensures proper record keeping and manages data base backups
• A minimum of HND/ B.Sc. degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA.
• Must also have at least six years working experience in finance and administration with Non-Governmental organizations. Also a demonstration of experience on automated accounting systems (particularly QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power point), good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes and accounting procedures for multiple donor or project accounts.
How to Apply:
Apply online with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job.
Deadline:12th August, 2013
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional mobile phone numbers on the application letter.
Remember to mention JobRIB.com when contacting employers! Do not pay for recruitment. Report such case at Scam Alert Forum.
Recent Jobs at ARFH Nigeria