Quarry Manager Job
at Qumecs Nigeria Ltd (Anywhere) | Posted under Engineering & Technical Jobs
Employer: Qumecs Nigeria Ltd
- Quarry managers are responsible for ensuring that quarries, pits and opencast sites operate successfully.
- They oversee all operations, both on site and in the office, manage staff, coordinate production and monitor all site systems.
- Quarries produce a wide range of materials for use in industry and construction. These include: rocks and stone of all types; slate; sand and gravel; china clay; brick and ball clay; coal; and other minerals and materials. Many quarries have ancillary plants producing asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and concrete products, while others have industrial plants producing cement, lime, bricks and tiles, glass and refractory sands, and specialised products. There are currently over 40,000 employees of the quarrying industry in the UK.
Typical work activities: Quarry managers combine their knowledge of extraction and processing systems with excellent interpersonal and management skills to ensure the profitability of quarry sites. Work takes place in the office and on site.
In the office, typical work activities include:
• checking that the quarry's production levels are maintained safely to schedule;
• balancing sales and output;
• altering the quarry's production system in accordance with the materials required;
• liaising with sales and commercial teams;
• performance managing the production process and setting and monitoring targets;
• providing the owner company with information and statistics on the quarry's performance;
• developing links with local groups and organisations;
• managing and regulating the quarry's budget;
• maintaining up-to-date records and dealing with a range of paperwork;
• ensuring that key government health and safety legislation (Quarries Regulations 1999 and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Quarries) Regulations 2008) is implemented throughout the site;
• keeping up to date with relevant government legislation and industry developments;
• developing inspection systems and checklists;
• writing development proposals and reports;
• managing and recruiting staff.
On site, typical work activities include:
• closely monitoring all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard;
• liaising with staff on site and dealing with any technical or staffing challenges that arise;
• undertaking regular site inspections and risk assessments in order to comply with all health and safety regulations;
• examining the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained;
• assessing equipment and production materials levels;
• ordering new items as required;
Remember to mention JobRIB.com when contacting employers! Do not pay for recruitment. Report such case at Scam Alert Forum.
Recent Jobs at Qumecs Nigeria Ltd