IT Operations Manager Job
at BAT Nigeria in Oyo State | Posted under ICT & Telecom Jobs
Employer: British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
Job number: 2505BR
Location/City: Ibadan, Nigeria
Appointment type: Permanent
- To ensure that the BATN Operations function is equipped with People/IT policies/ practices/ systems/ processes/ tools that support the short, medium and long term objectives of the company.
- To develop agree and implement Information Technology strategies for Operations, which are aligned with and support the business strategy for British American Tobacco Nigeria .
• Ensures effective help desk service providing timely and appropriate help and advice to systems users.
• Identify areas for improvement/automation within the operations business processes and recommend and seek approval for implementing these initiatives.
• Set up relevant performance measurements throughout the Ops IT environment and through a process of continual improvement, drive and quantify positive change.
• Set and agree budgets and ensure that departmental spending is monitored and budgets adhered to.
• Ensure that the IT environment is secure and that the company’s assets, information and intellectual property are kept safe, private and secure.
• Ensure that all members of the operations IT team fully understand their roles/responsibilities and how their performance will be measured.
• Ensure that all members of the operations IT team are fully aware of BATN’s objectives and they all understand how their input contributes to these objective.
• Engender a culture of openness within the department which embraces company values, encourages views and ideas and recognises and respects initiative.
• Identify individual development needs within the department and implement effective training, coaching and/or mentoring to address these needs.
• Establish effective communications within the department which ensures an open flow of communication upwards, downwards and sideways.
• Ensures that company performance is regularly shared with the IT team and priorities are adjusted accordingly.
• Ensured that risk assessments are regularly carried out and that robust business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place
• Maintains close relationships with IT colleagues both within BATN and other OPCO’s.
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with the Operations Director and Company IT Director.
• Becomes a respected and valued member of the Operations top team and acts as a business partner to other departmental managers.
• Develops and maintains relationships (in conjunction with indirect procurement) with local/international suppliers to ensure that goods and services are delivered on time and in full.
• Continuously seeks for opportunities to improve business performance through technology and working practices
• Challenges conventional thinking through analysis and comes up with better/cheaper/faster alternatives
• Fosters a culture of continuous improvement through innovation and ensures appropriate recognition for innovative solutions
• Through innovation, drive year on year productivity and service level improvements
• Candidate should have an IT or relevant degree qualification but is not limited to this
• Experience in IT service delivery, infrastructure and Project management with an ability to adapt and excel in different surroundings is desired
• The role holder will require a very good all round understanding of Information Technology and how it can influence and support a modern business
• Should have a good working knowledge of factory processes as well as specific knowledge of Supply Chain and Operation Finance activity
• He/she will additionally require a high level of managerial and inter-personal skill
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the company whilst also understanding change management techniques to enable him/her to drive change, foster innovation and ensure that IT supports the operation.
Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Employing company British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
Remember to mention JobRIB.com when contacting employers! Do not pay for recruitment. Report such case at Scam Alert Forum.
Recent Jobs at BAT Nigeria