Senior Officer, Research - Abuja, Nigeria Job
at Society for Family Health in Abuja (FCT) | Posted under Research & Statistics Jobs
Location(s): Nigeria (One year fixed term contract based in Abuja)
Employer: Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV/AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health.
• This is the equivalent of a senior officer reporting to the project manager.
• The successful candidate will provide strategic and operational leadership of the UAFC Monitoring & Evaluation strategy at the National level; provide strategic technical assistance to the project manager on theories, strategies and approached for monitoring and evaluation at both state and national levels.
• S/He will support the implementation of UAFC M&E activities and provide direct support to CSOs and other partners in implementing various approaches outlined in UAFC M&E strategy and research agenda.
The desired candidate:
• First degree in Sciences/Medical/Behavioural/Social Sciences or its equivalent in a relevant field is required.
• Possession of a Masters degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in implementing monitoring and evaluation of health programmes.
• Considerable expertise in mixed-methods (qualitative and quantitative) M&E and research. S/He must possess ability to analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
• Intermediate knowledge of SPSS or STATA or Epi Info/CS Pro is required
• Knowledge of DHIS, MS-Access or other compatible database software will be of added advantage.
• Experience with conducting monitoring visits utilising checklist and other tools, including ability to develop tools as needed.
• Must possess excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Power point.
• Must possess excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must possess a high level of integrity and responsibility.
Compensation & Benefits: The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Method of Application:
A one page application letter addressed to the Deputy Director-HR, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, current remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address should be sent latest by the 23rd of January 2014 to the email address beside the job you are applying for.
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Remember to mention JobRIB.com when contacting employers! Do not pay for recruitment. Report such case at Scam Alert Forum.
Recent Jobs at Society for Family Health