Materials Coordinator - Nigeria Job
at Transocean Offshore USA Inc in Lagos State | Posted under Mining, Oil & Gas Jobs
Job ID: 2000804
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employer: Transocean Offshore USA Inc
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
REPORTING: Reports to the Senior Materials Coordinator or Chief Engineer or Maintenance Supervisor
SUPERVISION: Supervises the Assistant Materials Coordinator and ART Materials Trainee.
LOCATION: Offshore location.
PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Rig based work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
2. Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
3. Basic computer skills.
1. Coordinate the rig’s materials requisitions, organize and control the warehouse, and maintain the warehouse inventory levels within established guidelines.
2. Ensure warehouse activities are carried out in a safe and prudent manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Materials and Inventory Control:
• Secure the warehouse at all times and restrict access to non-authorized personnel.
• Receive materials into the warehouse stock and issue parts to departments as needed.
• Liaise with department heads in the preparation of materials requisitions for all parts and equipment – Focus on planning to minimize urgent orders – Forward approved requisitions to the shore base office.
• Maintain accurate records of received and outstanding requisitions, and cargo manifests. Track the progress of Purchase Orders.
• Maintain adequate stock levels of equipment spares and consumables so as to facilitate the continuous operation of the unit.
• Prepare periodic reports for the Rig Manager and shore-based Materials Manager as required.
• Perform cyclical inventory of stock and maintain the physical inventory in the warehouse.
• Review regularly obsolete and surplus parts and advise Rig Supervisors for follow up.
• Utilize the computerized system to maintain an accurate inventory of all materials stored on the rig.
• Prepare manifest for all equipment dispatched from the rig either by sea or air.
• Check for discrepancies in materials received against delivery notes and outward manifest. Issue Procurement Incident Report for incorrect items.
• Assist in the manifesting and control of third party equipment as required.
• Assist department heads in establishing a realistic minimum/maximum warehouse stock of all shut down or critical items.
• Provides Fixed Asset Register information to department heads.
• Ensure all hazardous and non-hazardous wastes are correctly labeled and packaged prior to shipment ashore.
Remember to mention JobRIB.com when contacting employers! Do not pay for recruitment. Report such case at Scam Alert Forum.
Recent Jobs at Transocean Offshore USA Inc