Program Specialist, HIV Surveillance Job
at U.S. Embassy in Abuja in Abuja (FCT) | Posted under Administrative & Management Jobs
Location: ABUJA – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Organisation: United States Embassy, Nigeria
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR-Ordinarily Resident: N4,069,778 per annum (Starting basic Salary)
Position Grade: FSN-10/FP-05
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the U.S. Mission Local Compensation Plan (LCP).
NOR-Not Ordinarily Resident: (AEFM) - US$56,323; EFM/MOH – US$48,338 (Starting Salary) per annum.
Position Grade: FP-05
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent, under the supervision of the Medical Epidemiologist, will provide technical expertise in HIV/AIDS surveys, surveillance and implementation science activities that CDC Nigeria is implementing in partnership with Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), Implementing Partners (IP) and other stakeholders. The incumbent will apply both theoretical and practical knowledge to support Strategic Information activities including Health Management Information Systems and program monitoring and evaluation, general epidemiology and surveillance. The incumbent will manage and support CDC implementing partners.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
1. A Graduate degree in Medicine (MBBS or MD), Public Health or Epidemiology.
2. Five (5) years experience in the management of HIV/AIDS, STD, TB intervention programs at the local, state or international level with responsibility for evaluation of program activities is required. An additional one (1) year of supervisory experience is required.
3. Level IV (fluency in oral and written) English is required.
4. Expert knowledge of partner management and the translation of evaluation data as it pertains to the improvement of partner performance, program operations, guidelines and policies is required.
5. Must be proficient in the use of statistical/data management software and Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel and Power Point).
6. Good writing and presentation skills are required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174) ; plus.
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Instructions for Completing DS-174
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources Office Abuja
Plot 1075 Dip. Drive Central District, Abuja
Email Address: HRNigeria@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT
Telephone: 09-461-4000 ext 4261
Deadline: 03 May 2012.
Source: United States Mission Nigeria Job Vacancy Announcement
Remember to mention JobRIB.com when contacting employers! Do not pay for recruitment. Report such case at Scam Alert Forum.
Recent Jobs at U.S. Embassy in Abuja